Certified Personal Trainer- Cathy Florakis’ Healthy Oat Bran Recipe
1. Pour 1 cup of skim milk, almond milk or soy milk in a pot.
2. Sprinkle cinnamon on it, pour about ½ teaspoon of vanilla in the pot. Boil the mixture, when it starts to foam lower the heat to the lowest setting.
3. Next pour 1/2 cup of oat bran in the pot & whisk for about 1-2 min. – until thickened. Shut flame. If it’s thicker than you like, you can always add more liquid.
4. Next pour fruits and nuts of your liking in the pot, such as: ¼ cup of blueberries, ¼ cup dates, ¼ cup organic strawberries, ¼ cup of walnuts, almonds, and/or pecans.
5. Mix the fruits and nuts & sprinkle again with cinnamon
6. Next add a little honey or pure maple syrup
Enjoy – your body will thank you!
Please note: Recipes on our site/ social media are not tested or endorsed by the JCC. Contributors are not nutritionists unless otherwise stated.
Receive our email newsletter